- practice reading spellings of long e, long o, and /ou/
- learn print patterns that code targeted vowel sounds
- challenging sound/print play drives students
- double-deck game played in Crazy Eights format
For mid first grade and up
- Challenging, active, sound-based play
- Practice the “OE”, “EE”, “OU” sounds and print patterns
- Learn the sounds shown with common letter patterns
- Learn the variety of print patterns that code the targeted vowel sounds
- Experience the nature of the English code
- A unique approach
“My students and I are enjoying your card games. They are fun and ‘do the job’.” – LW, reading tutor
Literacy card games from Washington Reads give a SOUND start to reading!
Washington Reads has a unique set of card games that guarantee sustained reading practice. These intrinsically motivating games are aligned with current reading research and are compatible with any reading approach.
The decks deliver the essential phonemic awareness skills and content for reading success. Every hand builds critical knowledge and fosters an automatic response to the printed word. They are the most productive and entertaining reading practice aids available today.