- Provides Hours of Educational Fun While Improving Verbal Communication
- Perfect for Improving Language Skills for Classroom and Center-based Activities
- Early learning beginners Sequencing Skills
- Durable, High Quality Colorful, Large 4.5” x 4.5” Picture Cards
- Packaged With Stand-Up Custom Tab Dividers for Easy Accessibility
- Use for Multiple Language Goals, Including Storytelling, Predicting, Problem Solving, Verbs, Pronouns, Sentence Structure, Inferencing, and Reasoning Skills
- Glossy Finish Cards Can be Used With a Dry Erase Marker to Highlight Details While Working With Your Child. Dry Erase Markings are Easily Erasable so Cards Can be Used Again and Again
Using the Cards:
Sequence it: Present some or all of the cards to your child and have them put the cards in the correct order.
Ask it: Ask the “WH” questions: WHO, WHAT, WHERE, WHEN, WHY, HOW
Describe it: Have your child formulate a sentence and describe the picture scenes.
Narrate it: Have your child tell the story using narrative skills and connect the pictures using sequencing terms such as: then, next, before, after, first, last, beginning, middle, and in the end.
Analyze it: Have your child notice picture details and identify which details are the clues to determine the order of the pictures. Use a dry erase marker to highlight scene details.
Notice it: Notice the character emotions and changes of details in the picture card sets.
Connect it: Connect the events in the story picture cards to something you did, you know or experienced.
Advanced level activities:
Expand it: Practice critical thinking skills and ask, “What happened before?”, “What might happen next?”, “What other events are happening during the events in this picture?”.
Summarize it: Ask your child to identify the main idea. Have your child name the story with a story title.
Perceive it: Critical thinking: “What is the character thinking?” “What is the character saying?”
Draw it: Have your child draw a scene that might have happened before, after, and/or between the events in the picture card scenes.
Write it: Have your child work on writing skills and write a story about the picture cards.
Create it: Have your child create another similar sequenced story. Compare and contrast the stories.
Enjoy it: Enjoy using these SPARK sequencing cards!!
There are no reviews yet.