- practice decoding multi-syllable words with common stable syllable endings
- learn stable syllables for decoding and spelling
For third grade and up
- Practice decoding multi-syllable word endings
- Learn common word endings
- Practice pronouncing words
- Learn stable decoding and spelling units
“I am no longer afraid to read the ends of long words” – 6th grade student
Literacy card games from Washington Reads give a SOUND start to reading!
Washington Reads has a unique set of card games that guarantee sustained reading practice. These intrinsically motivating games are aligned with current reading research and are compatible with any reading approach.
The decks deliver the essential phonemic awareness skills and content for reading success. Every hand builds critical knowledge and fosters an automatic response to the printed word. They are the most productive and entertaining reading practice aids available today.