- For all students in Grades 4+; can be adapted for use with younger students.
- contains both skill-building and essay worksheets that guide students’ writing as they work to complete an independent essay
- enables students to self-monitor their writing, ensuring they will finish with detailed, complete essays
- contains a step-by-step model student essay
- provide visual record of students’ ideas as they move through SQ Write curriculum
- provide space to easily record new ideas with previously recalled ideas while decreasing working memory loads
- provides prompts to help students formulate self-questions at strategically placed points in the Thought Organizer
- enables students to eventually internalize the steps in formulating the self-questions necessary to create high-quality written work.
- helps each student remember specific writing rules related to spelling, grammar, and punctuation using the student’s own writing samples
- allows the student to record corrections from previous corrected writing assignments
- helps the student avoid prior mechanical errors can be avoided.
1 spiral-bound Student Workbook with build-in folder,
2 Thought Organizers
1 Q Card,
1 Individualized Editing Booklet
- Developed by Michael Gladstein