- practice reading long vowel spelling words
- reinforce long vowel print patterns
- play an engaging game in Crazy Eights format
For late first grade readers
- “Long” vowel sound practice
- Reinforce “long” vowel print patterns
“The cards are a great success with the children.” – KA, classroom teacher
Literacy card games from Washington Reads give a SOUND start to reading!
Washington Reads has a unique set of card games that guarantee sustained reading practice. These intrinsically motivating games are aligned with current reading research and are compatible with any reading approach.
The decks deliver the essential phonemic awareness skills and content for reading success. Every hand builds critical knowledge and fosters an automatic response to the printed word. They are the most productive and entertaining reading practice aids available today.