Get it all together and save!
- Writing Matters (w/Concept Cards) (SKU 800)
- Grammar Dice Kit (SKU C050 + C001)
- Words at Work I & II (P108 + P109)
- Sentence Stretches 1 & 2 (P145 + P146)
All Materials developed by William Van Cleave.
Writing Matters (SKU B800)
Written by William Van Cleave
- Download sample pages of Writing Matters here.
- In support of Writing Matters – Click here to download.
- unique, research-based lesson design
- alignment with the Common Core
- sequence of skills for instruction
- techniques for one-to-one and classroom instruction
- model dialogues
- an overview of general information for the teacher
- clarification of points teachers sometimes confuse
- steps for initial instruction and subsequent lessons
- sample activities and assignments
- 326 pages: spiral bound
GrammarBuilder Dice Kit (C050)
- dozens of games and activities in each kit
- includes one set of Vocabulary Cards, Parts of Speech Die, Sentence Kinds Die, Conjugator Dice, Kinds of Nouns Die, and Sentence Templates Die with accompanying Conjunction Set — 14 in all!
- includes booklet of activity suggestions for tutorial and classroom use
- includes six gameboards and 120 cover disks in 6 colors
- covers concepts including kinds of nouns, verb tense, parts of speech, phrases, clauses, and kinds of sentences
- Dice are custom-made and inked for long-term use and wear!
- Unique to W.V.C.ED and not available elsewhere.
- Because students construct sentences and parts of sentences with the writing dice, the same activity can be used repeatedly with students — what they create from the activity makes it new each time.
Concept Cards (SKU C001), included with GrammarBuilder Dice Kit (C050)
- thirty-four 4.25”x5.5” cards
- printed in color and include term (on the front) and definitions and examples (on the back)
- students will use their cards for study, review, and reference as they learn the concepts necessary for developing good sentence skills; teachers will find them invaluable for presenting material and helping students to understand it
Words at Work 1&2 (P108 + 109)
- develop knowledge of parts of speech in a Crazy Eights format
- learn word order and sentence development in a sentence building game
- two entirely different games built into each double deck!
Sentence Stretches 1&2 (P145 + P146)
Students ask to play Sentence Stretches again and again! They enjoy expanding their sentences through these innovative and cognitive games. Choose from dozens of subjects and predicates to form a barebones sentence and then maximize your sentence score by adding interesting words, phrases, and clauses to expand your bare bones sentence. Never the same game twice because you use your own ideas to expand the sentences!
- 108 cards, including instruction cards, in EACH version
- Each game contains tons of subjects and predicates. 1 is for younger children; 2 includes more sophisticated subjects and predicates for older students.
- Choose a subject and its predicate (main verb) to create a barebones sentence.
- Expand your sentence by creating adjectives and adverbs – at the word, phrase, and clause level.
- Use a variety of recommended sentence templates to develop students’ sentence skills.
- Earn more points for better sentences!
There are no reviews yet.